Whenever it is time for you to seek the services of a house painting company, they hope that you will call upon their company to complete your project. They like to think that they are both fair and reasonable when it comes to pricing. In addition to offering beautiful finishes at a reasonable price, they also guarantee customer satisfaction.
Basic steps in the process of house painting
The process of house painting services is a series of steps. Deciding on the best way to do the prep work, the method and tools used to paint, and the cleanup is all-important areas that need to be planned so that you can complete your interior or exterior house painting project efficiently and properly.
While it seems like a simple enough job, there are several steps to a great house painting services that will ensure that your home looks amazing when you’re finished.
- Move furniture and other items away from surfaces you plan to paint.
- Clean surfaces to be painted using soap and water or other recommended cleaners. Dry surfaces completely before painting.
- Repair cracks and holes with patching compound (available at hardware stores) or joint compound (available at home improvement stores).
- Sand rough areas lightly with fine-grit sandpaper or steel wool before painting.
- Cover areas not meant for painting with painters’ tape or use painter’s plastic to cover items such as light fixtures, hardwood floors, and carpeting, as well as windows, doorways, and trim around walls where you will be painting.
- Prime surfaces if necessary before applying paint. Not all paints require priming.
Finally, once everything has been repaired and cleaned, paint is applied to the exterior of the home. A good contractor will make sure two coats are applied so that there is no bleed-through onto walls inside the house and to ensure that a proper seal has been made over all surfaces outside of the home.